Updated: 10 November 2020
Our contact details
Blue Zulu Ltd is the data controller and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office.
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name and contact details)
- Online and mobile identifiers including IP addresses and cookie identifiers
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- Registering interest in or purchasing one of our products or services via our website, by email, telephone or written communication
- Voluntarily completing a customer survey or providing feedback/ comments via our blog or by email
- Use of our website via your browser’s cookies
We also receive personal information indirectly in the following scenarios:
- Group bookings made by employers or colleagues for which we need attendee information
- Emergency contact information provided by trip and course attendees
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
- Process your order and manage your bookings
- Communicate with you regarding our products or services
- Adhere to health and safety guidelines regarding provision of care during our courses (eg: medical information, special dietary requirements)
We do not share information with third parties or sell our mailing lists.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
Your consent: You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting email@example.com
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored on OneDrive cloud server provided by Microsoft 365 or our Mailchimp database.
We keep your contact information for 3 years from your last engagement with us. We will then dispose of your information by removing you from our mailing lists. In the case that you have unsubscribed from our mailings your data will be stored in a Mailchimp ‘unsubscribe list’ for deduplication purposes to ensure we do not remail you.
Paper copies of health and safety data relating to any course or trip attended will be shredded after the course.
If you have agreed to receive marketing from us, we will occasionally send you information about new products and services or special offers. We do not release your details to any external company for marketing purposes.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our website, we collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology to improve your experience on our website.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
How to manage cookies: You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy and cookie policies of integrated websites and plugins
- We also run Google Analytics on our website. See: How Google uses data when you use our partner sites or apps
Links to other websites
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at: Mark Purvis, Blue Zulu Fly Fishing, 15 High Street, Ascott under Wychwood, Oxon OX7 6AW, UK. Tel: 07747 016194. Email: email@example.com
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF. Helpline number: 0303 123 1113.
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk